la Brocanteuse

Jun 9, 2010

up above and down below...





We did  the Touriste thing today....

It was overcast, the local Mercredi Brocante was thin.. so we decided to take a drive to Amboise, a beautifull medieval village not far from us.-in fact we hopped in the car outside the door and just drove straight on, no round-abouts, no sharp sudden turns, straight on through tall Plein trees..still on the same road found a parking and walked into the little village where hundreds of touristes were elbowing one another at the post card stands and children were licking glace




I adore pretty street lights...because of the over cast light, it was a pleasure to photograph these







once nose in the air to focus..that is were my camera (and nose)
stayed for the afternoon











then I had to move sideways so that I would not trip over this



these were next to me..allmost missed them..being so "nose in the air"!








..and down below






and back to reality..but quite in place since it is a Medieval village



of course we had Crepe Nutella with our Cafe




and glace too





a very relaxing day

A Bientot

Colette  X

8 comments:

The-Countrypolitan said...

I am looking forward to seeing your posts. I saw the photos of your home on Trouvais... the image of the ceiling and the vaulted beams is stunning... ~Terri

La Brocanteuse said...

Welcome Terri! thank you -popping over to you, Colx

Trouvais said...

Hi Colette. You daughter is SO adorable. Love catching up with you..all the photos are great! Where are we going tomorrow?!! XO Trish

La Brocanteuse said...

Hi Trish. a lot of rain untill end of weekend is exspected in this area..so we are looking at options -perhaps driving more south...today since it is a weekday and no markets..we will be browsing some indoor Brocantes and even pop in at two local Trocante...one never know what you may find. allso planning a trip out to a bastide where madam sells Linge Ancien and bibelots...XCol

Anonymous said...

Salut..quel plaisir de suivre vos vadrouilles partout en Touraine! J'ai hate de voir toutes tes trouvailles et j'imagine deja notre prochain papotage!
Belles images d'Amboise...
ronelle

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hello Colette, I found your beautiful blog by way of Trouvais. We are making our third trip to France in September and I will definitely be seeking out the Brocantes. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photographs with us.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Oh my, I forgot to mention I am now your newest follower.

Anonymous said...

Hiya.."what a pleasure to follow you allover on your wanderings through Touraine! I'm looking forward to all your finds/treaures and I can already envision our upcoming 'chatterings'"
bisous
Ronells x