la Brocanteuse

Jun 8, 2010

Tea with the Marques family..


...at the Ladies Chateau.



It just would not be fair to be surrounded by beautifull Chateaux and  castles and not to share...
We love Chateau de Chenonceau. It has been a few years since we visited for the first time. It is even more beautifull than I remember..maybe because with the years I have "grown" in my taste for tapestries and relief work, and just cannot get enough of what the Marques family were up to in their days...



dd (darling daughter) rushed to see everything possible  there was she remembered from before..















We said thank you for all the beauty still there for us all to see...and being able to experience this as a family


Chapel room



...got lost in the maze later...and had tea in the L'orangerie



Chateau of Chenonceau


The ladies chateau for
Diane de Poitiers 1499 - 1566
Catherine de Medici 1519 - 1589
Louise of Lorraine 1553 - 1601
Louise Dupin 1706 - 1799
Marguerite Pelouze 1836 - ?
Simone Menier 1903 - 1972

I will share more detail and information in a future post.

A Bientot

Colette x

6 comments:

Greet Lefèvre said...

Hello Colette,
I just came over from Trish her blog! I am so glad I did! Your blog looks so beautiful and I am looking forward to your following posts! Love the way you write about all things French!
And you have an exquisite taste!!
xx
Greet

Anonymous said...

Hi Colette!
Ek het nou vanoggend lekker getoer saam met jou deur al die markte en die pragtige Franse platteland, terwyl dit ysig koud is hier in Stellenbosch... Neem vir ons 'n paar foto's van groentetuine ook as julle daar verby ry!Liefde aan DD en Mr Bean! M x

La Brocanteuse said...

Hello Greet, welcome and thank you for visiting. I have been a long time admirer and regular visitor of your blog- just needed Trish's encouragment to enter this new exciting world...!thank you for kind words and compliments, much appreciated! Col xx

La Brocanteuse said...

Hallo Marietjie! het sommer al paar fotos vir jou van groentetuine geneem...dink juis daaraan om later te "post"
lekker inpak daar en net dalkies sien ons julle hier in hierdie suide binnekort! ColXX

Gail said...

Thank you for letting me share this journey with you. I wish I could transport the Chapel room into my home. I think I'll keep my eye out for some treasures with the same look and feel as that room. Again, a beautiful post.

La Brocanteuse said...

thank you Gail, the Chapel room is serene beautifull- it was somewhat dificult to capture pictures in the Chateau because quite understanding- one is not allowed to use your camera flash. I love the idea of a chapel room, in fact I'm planning to build a miniature chapel in our garden..hope to share the process when we start. Colx