la Brocanteuse

Jun 18, 2010

just strolling around with a pink trolley..


It is our last weekend in the French country side before we depart back to South Africa...


 

Yesterday we visited Brive-la-Gaillarde (Correze)
a beautifull town 20 min drive from where we are staying near Collonge-la-Rouge...- I find it so interesting that the French give the time how long it will take you to get to a place rather than the distance...
Here are some images of Brive..(as the locals refer to this town)..it was raining most of the day, we strolled around, had lunch and returned to have a early evening. It is our last weekend to do the brocantes...so early to rise and take it all in to savour untill we can return again..



   

stopped here for Croque Monsieur and Espresso...I adore the french school slates..






Both Brocantes were closed for the day...



I captured these two pictures from outside, with my nose stuck to the window, wishing I could be inside.. I have allways loved Madona statues, so apart from these that caught my eye first..I have fallen completely in love with Marriage vases on this trip...



I have a thing for sel cannisters and figurines...here they are put together just for me!



we had lunch at le Grain de Sel- excellent!



DD (darling daughter ) fell in love with this little pink trolley and just had to have it...she can't wait for this weekend brocante so that she can show it off!


Have a good weekend !
A Bientot

Colette X


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My eye catches your vases de maries everywhere now...they are too cute! such lovely images of Brive, but sorry that the brocantes were closed, fortunately you still tomorrow!

And for those reading here..."La Brocanteuse is spending her birthday on Monday in France...isn't that something?!
bisous
Ronelle

Trouvais said...

Hi Colette...your birthday! What a wonderful place to celebrate it. I can't wait 'till you unpack all your finds! Thanks for taking the time while traveling to post all these wonderful photos! XO Trish

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Colette, I have enjoyed taking this virtual tour through France with you. Your photos are always so lovely. I also love SEL cannisters and I brought one back from my last trip to France.
xo, Sherry