la Brocanteuse

Feb 5, 2012

Eloquence


Gorgeous antique French Amelie Rose bergere
in old tufted muslin upholstery
with burlap seat and horsehair stuffing







Beautiful old antique pair of Napoleon III bergeres, upholstered in original old muslin with deconstructed backs and exposed wood frames.



Classic Napoleon III bergere with original wood finish on legs and muslin upholstery.


 Back is deconstructed, exposed chair frame.
  French ticking on seat.
Circ 1870




Breathtaking old French wing back in the Rococo style







Antique Chaise Meridien from France with arched back. Deconstructed style
to reveal the original structural frame.



 A fragment of the original woven oushak upholstery fabric still covers the back and arms, giving us a glimpse of the opulent original textures




 Napoleon III  Bergere chair from France 
Circ 1890





Pair of Empire style side chairs. 
White painted finish with gold rubbed highllights and original dusty rose brocade upholstery



 Tattered but original 
needlepoint upholstery on seat..just perfect




Gorgeous gilt chairs from France. 

Beautifull hand carved rope detailing traces the wood frame,the upholstery is the original 
burlap base upholstery 
Circ 1900




all images and info:

Col x


12 comments:

Deserae said...

Gorgeous,gorgeous chairs...every one of them is just so stunning!!! I am now following you on Google..so glad I found your blog :o)
~Des

Sharon Lee Johnson said...

I think these are beautiful - I somehow don't think my husband would quite get it though! x Sharon

Burlap Luxe said...

Oh so divine lady "C"
They could not get anymore soulfully beautiful!
I am looking to create more old in my home with pieces that have a voice as these chairs do, I hear them calling me.

If I were a chair of this kind I would want to just live my life out with my un-touched beauty.

Thank you for all the much more then enough inspiration.


xoxo
Dore

la fourchette said...

o.m.g. I am *loving* the muslin-covered chairs I'm seeing...and I'm seeing them more and more! There is a little home furnishings shop near me that has one in the window. I.Want.It. Now!

Is this just a case of pulling off the fabric upholstery to leave the underpinnings bare...or is it recovered in muslin and 'faux aged'? Whatever it is, I'm loving it!

Acquired Objects said...

I love chairs like this found just as they are.

xx
Debra~

Lynn said...

Love, love, love! Wish I could take them all!

Nella Miller said...

Lovely Colette, beauty in time worn elegance . N.xo

S xx said...

Loving these chairs Colette - ALL of them!!
Thanks so much for your kind words earlier - they were much appreciated.
sacha xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, what exquisite images and such gorgeous pieces - classic and used and no doubt loved!! I want every single one!!!

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Beautiful elegant pieces. I love this post. The grace and elegance of time worn beauty. Gorgeous!

manon 21 said...

Un beau choix.

Belle journée

Manon

ann said...

What beautiful ,beautiful chairs and a stunning post!!