la Brocanteuse

Feb 25, 2012

David's house in France

A few years ago, a friend sent me some scanned images of an article she found on David Hare's home in the Loire-Valley, France.

She said it somehow reminded her of me and my decorating style..it is a huge compliment.  Of course that is how she "sees" it and I could only aspire to have a touch of his style living such a dream..in France

I rediscovered the images and you probably have seen them since they have been published in several magazines and part of it in decorating books..
Here they are, perhaps there is someone who has seen more of his work. It would be nice to know.




















David outside his Loire Valley home


back to reality..
 some images  of vignettes in our Stellenbosh home..
sans the beautiful stone walls of David's Loire home
perhaps the colors do have something in common?.. 



























































Col X

ps. so David's house in France turned out to be more about mine.
  the reason for  finding and sharing all these random images that never made it to my blog before...
Sherry of  No Minimalist Here is featuring my home on her Open House party soon
I did some searching ,and it felt
like  sorting through and clearing out a cupboard 
very freeing and will force me
 to work on new images..




19 comments:

Splenderosa said...

Ohhhhh, that long dining table, fully laden. Just beautiful !!

Virginia said...

His home is indeed a thing of beauty, especially with the stone walls but I love your photos as well. I really want the orange and turquoise jars!!!!
Bon weekend,
V

French Basketeer.com said...

Love both of your homes and will keep an eye on Sherry's blog for your pics. 12,000 litres a day! Wow! What is the sauce?

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh Col, I could only dream! Your home is magnificent. Heaven on earth. You have the most exquisite taste. Exquisite. A-M xx

S xx said...

Love both these homes Colette and I can see why your friend thought of you with the photos.
Your home is exquisite and I look forward to hearing / seeing more about it on Sherry's blog.
Have a good weekend.
Sacha xx

helen tilston said...

What a fabulous home and the dining table for a large number of friends is so perfect

I love your blog, as your new follower, I shall look forward to cuairt, gaelic for a visit and comment.

Helen

Sharon Lee Johnson said...

Your home is every bit as beautiful as Davids! I love all your magnificent table settings. I had a dinner party a week ago and also put proteas into silver trophies down the centre of the table. I will be sure to visit you at Sherri's blog. Have a lovely Sunday. x Sharon

Acquired Objects said...

Your home is just as beautiful as David's. I see why your friend thinks you have the same decorating styles both are stunning. I always love seeing images of your home.

Enjoy your Sunday!
XX
Debra~

ann said...

What beautiful pictures,interiors!!love your style!!thanks for such a beautiful inspiring blog!!!

La Brocanteuse said...

Thank you all kindly for your much appreciated visits and lovely comments. It means alot to me.
Ann, I have tried to send you a note, but hope you read this message too.
hugs&XX Colette

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Colette, You both have the most amazing style. So many beautiful things to look at. Thanks for the mention and I am excited about featuring your gorgeous home at my party. Hugs, Sherry

Trouvais said...

Hi Colette! What IS it about those Poste bags!!! And pretty brown, lace edged linen!!! Wish we lived down the street from each other!! I always love the view over here!!!XOXO Trish

Nella Miller said...

Oh Colette...the settee and beautiful pillow with fluffy bullion
fringe...lovely images to enjoy this morning. N.xo

Divine Theatre said...

Colette,
It is difficult to see where his home ends and yours begins! I love, love, LOVE it!

xo

Andie

Mélanie A. said...

I love the vignettes of your home . I would dream to have diner in your home , so many beautiful details

rusty hinge said...

I just came over from Sherry's Open House Party! I love it here! Your home is just gorgeous! I am your newest follower and look forward to reading what you post next!! :)
Maria
www.rustyhinge.blogspot.com

NanaDiana said...

Sherry sent me over and I am so glad she did. You are my newest "home crush". Great blog and I am signing up as your newest follower. You have a great eye for things! xo Diana

Unknown said...

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing your beautiful home photos! I can dream about it,JOANN

Denise said...

Lovely.So glad I found you through Sherri.Visit anytime and stay as long as you like in My modest hobbit home-Coffeeberry Cottage-Denise