la Brocanteuse

Nov 14, 2010

Don't worry...I am redecorating

new eighteenth century French

I know I promised that my next post would be about the fab brocante neighbors I had at our event..but something came up.
 I have not had access to my home computer where all my pictures and images are stored, so let's work with what I have on my laptop.

I must be getting well! I am redecorating my hospital room.....in my mind and "if only" that is...Now don't worry-all under control.These things come with age when your mind and  body has been working to hard ...... I suppose

 Just for the record- what started as a cough, turned out to be serious infected lungs and then there is a little issue about my vocal cords-tests being done, no voice (good thing I'm not a singer) and the funny thing is people start whispering to me when I mouth the words...you try it...
after 7 days of frustration, I am actually sitting up today, breathing  without the help of those little tubes, and reading blogs! Since it is Sunday even had a teeny little choc-pud with lunch.

Now lets get to some fun...
I can't even post pictures of the reality, but we are better off this way 
Before I share my silly Sunday afternoon Reves...I sincerely appologise for the fact that the images I use has no reference..these are old images before my blogging days and please e-mail me at colette@lecapfoods.com should you know the source and I will be happy to give all the credit where needed.
 Much appreciated!

I would replace the flowery funny design grey pink purple entwined curtains and those vertical blinds (ugh whoever designed those?)...with sheer or excuisite lace of course....
appologies to mediclinic decorators...I notice you are doing some major renovation outside, so perhaps you don't mind my bit of input







 I imagine this cerene whiteness would be healing..




oh the luxury of old linen...
these old linge metisse and cotton really DO last...


 My darling husband who falls asleep in the chair next to me-
 could be very comfy in this one


I will have all pretty vases for the flowers in my room
(I have made a promiss to myself to clean out some shelves at home with all unused vases and donate them for use here-
 much better then plastic water jugs and empty  catering mayo jars



vases by MUD - South Africa

since I am fortunate to have a little patio off my room
this could work wonderfull for aspiring to get through all the meds in order to go out and enjoy fresh air..




imagine a menu presented this way







an



image: Corey Amaro-(Tongue in cheek)


who would not have a healthy appetit with this being rolled in on the trolley..

and

 perhaps I could quickly add this to the bathroom door with my ball point


no..just thinking...this would be nice!



and for extra luxury
loads of books that I can actually read, since I have the valuable time


 and this little fan would be marvelous!! to cool the temprature

  image: French Garden House


oh and lastly..fill up this cabinette with lots of curiocities
 to keep my mind wondering






now tell me, who would not mind taking time to get better in such lovely mileu








Ok, this has been fun, and no offence meant to the wonderfull caring doctors, hospital and staff taking care of me.
I am off to take a nap and dream on...


love

Colx


image  -la Brocanteuse

 o yes one more thought as they have arrived with the med..
these are nice?...!!
could be VERY usefull.





18 comments:

designchic said...

So happy you are feeling better...I've missed your posts!! They definitely need you to do a little redecorating, though if my hospital room was decorated like that first bedroom, I'd never leave...thanks for the fun and beautiful post. Get well soon!!

La Dolfina said...

Oh Colette, I am just now catching up on your blog and am shocked to hear you've been ill and are recuperating in the hospital! I must continue reading to see how this transpired. I'm very worried after reading this not only for you but also for my son who is away at college and has been sick with a cough for weeks now. Just last week he began breaking out with hives which he's never had before. He's been to the student infirmary several times but I don't think the staff and doctors do their due diligence. I've been so worried about him. You said you started off with a cough... how did you get diagonosed?
What happened... it sounds to me like both you and my son have been burning the candles at both ends. I'm so happy that you are in good hands now and on your way back to good health.
I love your reverie's of re-decorating your hospital room. It's really too bad that something like that doesn't exist. I really believe it would hasten the healing process!!!
I've missed you. Your well being will be in my prayers!!!
Much love,

Terri

froogal said...

I think I need to take your imaginary "cure"...for the price we pay in the US for health care we should have rooms like this!

This is a beautiful post but I am sorry that involves you being in hospital, I hope you will be feeling well soon.

desde my ventana said...

Hello Colette,
I hope that you are better and I want to be grateful for this so creative and nice post and at the same time fully of beauty and inspiration,
Have a good new week,
Hugs,
Cecilia

AntiqueChase said...

COLETTE~
FEEL BETTER!! I was so excited to see your post on my google reader.. before I clicked, I thought... wow, I miss her blog!

I hope you are feeling better and that you will be 100% really soon. Best wishes !

Tamra said...

Thank you for the lovely tour of your "hospital room" LOL! If only it were that way non of us would mind a trip to the hospital.

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Get Well Soon! Not fun at all sorry to hear your down and under.Photos are all beautiful.My best to you~Cheers Kim

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Oh Colette, I am so sorry you have been ill and in the hospital. I hope you are feeling better now and will be able to return home soon.
I have been sick with a cold that turned to pnuemonia but I was able to take care of it quickly.
Your images are delightful and I think it would help everybody feel better if they had surroundings that beautiful.
Feel better quickly and when you return home be sure to take the time for much needed rest.

La Brocanteuse said...

Hello dear ones
switched over to left hand typing since some changes to wich I shall spare the detail-Terry-laDolfina, I mailed you with detail..did you receive it? I think may have some problem with connection here..
I am doing some better, thank you all and body is taking well to treatment.
will talk soon, in mean time will visit you all on blogs. xoxo Colette

sharon santoni at my french country home said...

Hi Colette

So sorry to see that you are in hospital, now I understand the email problem! How clever of you to write such a lovely post and find such a positive way to spend your time in bed.
I hope the doctors are sorting out your problems and that you'll soon be back home with your family.
Sharon
My French Country Home
Sharon

Acquired Objects said...

Oh Colette, you worked yourself right into the hospital you poor thing. I hope you're feeling much better soon. I can't believe you were able to put up a post while in the hospital, now that's dedication!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you've been in the hospital - it always seems the worst place to try to rest and get better. Someone is always barging in just as you've fallen asleep. Love the redecorating - I'll see what kinds of pretty but useful things I can take along with me when my mom goes in this December for surgery.

All the best to you!

Mélanie A. said...

I can't wait to see all your pictures

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

Colette .. I am so sorry you were ill and I do hope you are better. This is a beautiful post as always
Best wishes
Frances

Shel said...

So sorry to hear you were ill...I just love your fun take on redecorating hospital rooms... really needed that humour. (And stunning decor too!)
Get well soon!
Love Shel x

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

I've missed you. I thought it was just me , not getting out because I have been so busy opening the online store and I see that you are in the hospital. Oh Colette, I'm so sorry. I pray that they get everything figured out and you on the mend as soon as possible. I don't know anyone that could do such a lovely post from their hospital bed. Your the best. Mona

Fabulously French said...

Sorry to hear that you are mot well. Sending much love from SW France for a speedy recovery.

Leeann x

Kifus said...

Ohh so much eye-candy on your blog! I'm loving every post of yours. Glad you are getting better from your bout of illness!