la Brocanteuse

Nov 25, 2010

a Christmas kitchen in Basel



Three years ago we were in Basel ~ Switzerland around the time the Christmas markets opened. What an amazing magical time we had. One of the very first images that comes to mind, is the window display at the "Puppenhausmuseum"
This is a multi story building of the most beautiful and in detail museum of antique miniature and  doll houses I have ever seen. Since one is not allowed to photograph inside the museum, I can only share these outside window "stills" with you. There were various "mechanical" movement complete with music in the background displays as well.

























yes, we were influenced by all the feathery wings and brought back our own little supply in various sizes for all DD's bears and dolls..

 Colx



all images by: La Brocanteuse

13 comments:

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Just exquisite images of this beautiful Christmas display... You did a great job of capturing the photos. Hope you are feeling better now and recovering.

kitchen units said...

Really enjoyable. I really like the their kitchen's appliance which are so bigger than them. My mouth is still watering due to delicious cakes.

Anonymous said...

Simply amazing!
Never see a kitchen like this! Wonderful, I want one like this!
Thanks Colette to show us these images!
Bisou, Babi

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

Colette these images are gorgeous! Hope you are well and best wishes
Frances

Dianne said...

Bonjour Colette ~ absolutely gorgeous~ I love the little bear taking the cookies out of the oven~ just so very delightful.
have a lovely week-end Colette & thank you so much for your encouraging words
xx
Dianne

Acquired Objects said...

How fun! I bet that was glorious to see in person. I hope you’re home and feeling better!

Blooming Rose Musings said...

This is an amazingly magical post! Beautiful images of a fairytale window. I imagine this was glorious to see in person. Absolutely exquisite.
I hope you are home and feeling better now.

LaPouyette said...

Wonderful images!!!! I'm touched! Reminds me on my child hood in South of Germany near Freiburg (Black Forest), not far from Basel. We played with Puppenhaus, Puppenstube and this kind of things, especially with kitchen pieces which was a way for young girls to learn cooking etc........... I'm missing good old Germany and those days.

What a pleasure to have these 'impressions' sent from South Africa. Thank You!

Herzlichen Gruss - et bon weekend
Karin - PĂ©rigord

desde my ventana said...

JUST STUNNING!!!! thank you for sharing this wonderful images Colette,
Have a nice Sunday,
Hugs
Cecilia

Anonymous said...

Ag, so fraai...enige dogtertjie se droom..
Bisous
Ronelle

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

What a magical post...such attention to detail!! Love it,hope your better!

sharon santoni at my french country home said...

How clever all the detail is in these pictures, quite magical
Sharon
My French Country HOme

PigletinFrance said...

Hi Colette, Thanks for stopping by the other day! I'm pleased to have found you and will be stopping in for lots of cute ideas over the coming months for hopefully when I find my new French home in the country...

The museum looks like fun, especially at this time of year.