la Brocanteuse

Nov 14, 2012

words in a picture

A picture is a poem without words..


 so what else did I do
 while I paused from the end of the year rush


I added some greens...


 Tied bows and hung fragrance crystals


 re -arranged books,



 remembered the day I found this painting
 in a tiny little antique shop in Avignon



and looked for longer then just in passing...

poetic


I wonder where this could be?..
could it be the Loire passing under the bridge..
who fed the swans...?
the trimmed trees and hedge
 the tower, the turrets..
it all looks so familiar, 
of towns we pass through in France
a bit of all in one. 

Colette 

9 comments:

Divine Theatre said...

So lovely!
I have the same crystal urn. It is my favorite!

xo

Andie

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Colette, Beautiful photos and I love the French painting.

Nella Miller said...

Dear Colette, what a beautiful little painting....remembering when we have made favorite acquisitions is part of the collecting process I think...perhaps the best part . Always happy to see a post, N.xo

Burlap Luxe said...

Colette, pictures and the things we view with beauty are poetry without words.

Love the green air fern, adds a bit of what to look forward to over the holidays.

xx
Dore

Caramella said...

Beautiful pictures indeed, I love things from other eras. I am following you from Rome! Au revoir! I'm studying French:)

Shel said...

Your objects and that painting are so beautiful.
I love visiting here for inspiration.
Take care
Shel

Fabrizia Spinelli said...

I like this post so much: these pictures are wonderful!
What about following each other?
Cosa mi metto???
Vivi clothes giveaway!!

Carolyne O' said...

I agree with the quote and the pics you choose are fab <3
I'm your 377 follower, if you like my blog too I'm waiting for you :)
Xxx

Carolina

www.the-world-c.blogspot.com + GIVEAWAY

Pura Vida said...

what a lovely post!