la Brocanteuse

Jun 29, 2012

Blue Brocante

Today was a good day for French  monogrammed serviettes amongst other linge..


We travelled along the river road , crossing a few bridges back and forth over the same river. I know it does not make sense, but the river meander in such a way and as settlements grew alongside, the road cross the same river at different sections to the same destination.





We found ourselves amongst wineries, vineyards and impressive old stone buildings.















I remember Jean d 'Arc from a previous trip,
stone flag over her right shoulder, oh why does no one want her in their vineyard or garden..I would find a space for her.



old French sandstone cheminees and fountains
 for sale




*************************
On our way back we stopped at the Boulangerie for a fresh baguette, simply because in France that is what one do..a fresh baguette every day, apart from the fact that Dd feels very French if she can march in and greet, order le pain or croissants and  as she swings  her hair on her way out, calls
"merci madam, au revoir!"






Back at the maison, we off loaded the ever popular banana boxes
filled with monogramme in blanc et rouge, torchons , sheets, and enough serviettes to set a banquet for 300 diners....


my own Brocante sign, now that is nothing special you may say..
for me it is very special indeed.
Ever since I have been buying from madam brocanteuse, I remember looking out for this blue sign after travelling little winding roads. I made a joke today, saying if one day the sign is gone, she must know I took it, because it gives me such a good feeling when I see it.
 When we got to  the the car after having a departing cafe, the sign was propped up as a gift for me!
So look out for the blue Brocante sign at my next event...!


Local village Brocante tomorrow, then a brocanteur I always  visit in Amboise..
Sunday Brocantes still to be decided on which and where....

sending you greetings from France

Colette



13 comments:

Splenderosa said...

Bravissimo, Colette !
I love the little sign.
xx's

Acquired Objects said...

Wow Colette you hit the jackpot on monogrammed sheets, congratulations! I love your little blue sign and while not a priceless gift a very grand one indeed! I hope you more shopping luck this weekend!

XX
Debra~

The Blue Farmhouse said...

I love that sign and all the beautiful linens. Looks like you are having fun!

Julie said...

Hi Colette.
I thought I died and was in heaven when I saw your vintage french linen.
I so envy you.(smile)
Love the sign. Do you need a helper? I am here (smile)

Julie x

Karen@PasGrande-Chose said...

What a wonderful trip you're having, and I'm in deep envy of your gorgeous linens! This part of France is very pretty. I'm going to be not far from you this coming week - in the Dordogne - and your pictures are getting me in the mood!

French Basketeer.com said...

Love the sign, love the linens!!

Pura Vida said...

such loveliness...I am your new follower!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your trip! We were on vacation the previous couple of weeks, so it was wonderful to get back and get caught up on your working/vacation in France.

The linens are lovely - I spied a couple of scalloped edges, wheat embroidery,and monograms I would love to have. It's funny, I've never been particular as to the actual letters in the monogram - just the shape and workmanship. And I seem to go more for the slightly thicker, more rugged sheets than the extremely fine thin material (perhaps because it holds up better with my two rambunctious kids?). Speaking of - your daughter is growing up! I could have sworn she was my own long and slim 9 year old!

Safe travels,
Cris (Shepard)

Qra Domowa said...

KOCHAM MONOGRAMY:))

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness,
What a beautiful Country!!~
And those vintage linens are amazing!
Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous photos and treasures with us!
Hope you have a lovely day.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Sonette said...

Hi Colette

Geniet jou tydjie in die pragtige Franse platteland. Kan nie wag dat jy jou Brocante Bordjie in S.A. kom plant nie!!!!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!!!! Great pictures, love the linens and lace, someday I will get there!

helle said...

Sigh, I dont know what to say... and your photoshoots such a joy!
Thanks....Helle