la Brocanteuse

Oct 22, 2010

reworked linen and paper


original French La Poste bags
 reworked into cushions
 with feather inners and backed with ticking

 We are working against the clock to get everything in order for our upcoming event 
at Lourenford wine Estate

KAMERS VOL GESKENKE
27 OCT ~ 31 OCT 2010

 I will be the Brocantess
with French monogrammed linens 
and petit bibelot 
  found  on our travels in the French countryside,
complimented with  reworked linen on furniture 


Vintage  original patched grainbags
reworked as cushions with feather inners.


Vintage French  monogrammed linen sleep shirts and chemises..





 over sized chairs from Belgium
upholstered in German Grain bags.




of course the main item is all the
 French linen




tags made from original paper
 and advertorial from 1887



original vintage music paper  hearts 
to hang on a Christmas tree...
(made by 7yr old DD and her nanny)


wish me luck...
what has absorbed a lot of my time, thinking and being for the past year...
has now come to reason...
with love from France  
and me
Colx


17 comments:

Tamra said...

Bon chance to you but I don't think you will need it as your items are so lovely and well done. The tags look beautiful!

anxious to hear how things go.

La Dolfina said...

Be still my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is it possible to purchase some of your paper tags made from old advertorial?
They are incredible!!!
I don't think you are going to need any luck, just maybe a lot of assistance as I'm sure you will be swamped!!!
You've really got a bounty of treasures Colette :)

Acquired Objects said...

I love everything! Those old chairs to the tags and all those fabulous linens, be still my heart! I don't think you need any luck as I have a funny feeling you're going to sell out of everything....looks wonderful!

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Fabulous!!! I want it all and wish you all the luck in the world. Your the best. Mona

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Oh so lovely, I wish I could come too! If you don't sell them all maybe we could buy online? Best of Luck~Cheers Kim

renilde said...

Lots of luck, I'm sure it will be a succes,it's looking so good. Renilde

sharon santoni at my french country home said...

Fantastic job, well done! Looks like you found some great stuff and have just made it even better. I'm sure the show will be a great success.
Sharon
My French Country Home

The House That A-M Built said...

Glorious Colette, positively glorious. I wish you amazing success. A-M xx

La Brocanteuse said...

Thank you kind bloggers~ all your good wishes much appreciated and precious!
T~La Dolfina, will have some tags available after Event, will let you know so that you can choose..
Kim ~ the idea is to go online after this brocante, still working on the logistics...
xo Colette

desde my ventana said...

Fabulous Colette !! I'm sure,you will have a great success, it's all wonderful,
Big hugs and best wishes,
Cecilia

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Colette, you have done an amazing job. Everything is sweet perfection and you will have much success. Sending you all best wishes.

La Brocanteuse said...

Thank you again to my dear kind blog friends..right now it means the world to me..xo Colette

Burlap Luxe said...

Colette,
I have had to rest inbetween your beauty over here! Be still my heart for it is skipping beats!

Can I buy a tag or pillow ! do I have to come to South Africa to get one :)
Your design style is my PERFECT BEAUTY!!!
xoxo
Dore'

Anonymous said...

It all looks beautiful colette...I believe you are all set and ready to go! May it be all you desire and may you have such fun!
Bisous
Ronelle

Dianne said...

Bon Chance Colette! You have been very busy & I certainly hope everything goes well
The vintage tags are so very beautiful!
~Dianne~

Fabulously French said...

You have been a busy girl Colette, love all your tresors.

Leeann x

maría cecilia said...

Wow!!! everything is absolutely gorgeous. By this date the event has finished and I hope you had sell all your wonderful work. If I had been around be sure I would have taken home lots of your beautiful creations!!!!!
cariños
maria cecilia