la Brocanteuse

Jan 11, 2011

BLOGGER AWARD



I was awarded with the 



by Mary Ann  from

Thank you very much Mary Ann!
Gosh! I feel honored for the recognition of my blog and this award-
I shall try my best to share seven things about me that you don't already know...
now let me see.....




1.
un
 I  normally delete chain letters...but chain letters  don't come with awards...so I shall not delete this one!...this is my first award in Blog Land!(I share this while I hold on firmly to my tiara ..)


2.
deux
I am obsessed with old  French monogrammed linen-OK so you know that about me, but just in case you forgot.


3.
trois
I have a background in styling both homes and decor as well as advertising for the publishing  media..


4.
quatre
Before I was married, I studied law..


5.
cinq
My husband and I just celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary! (9 January 1981 - )


6.
seize
 We are blessed with a darling beautiful daughter- aged 7 going on 8...
ha!- I can see you all calculating!!
I dote on her, she is my everything..

7. 
sept 
I honestly grab every minute to make the most of it..I run with it and believe I can do it. But recently, I learned that it is good to take time off.


8. 
huit
...just an extra fact(since fact no 2 is already a well known thing and no revelation) and  I think is relevant ...We have always had Afghan hounds in our household..at least one, but mostly two or three...
 


So.....



in my eyes you are all winners...


I do not want to offend any one by not adding their name into the hat...but no, there is no hat..



 to the winners, here are the rules to accept this award...
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this.
2. Share seven things about yourself. 
3. Award recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award

I will share my list as required. 
I have so many blogs that I absolutely love..and I know I should link this to new bloggers found...
but I simply cannot accept this award without also forwarding it to the one person who inspire me hugely and introduced me  to blogging: 


Trish   from 

 and 
recent blogs
I discovered and adore...

Karin  from 
Andrea  from
http://divinetheatre.blogspot.com/

Sharon  from
http://myfrenchcountryhome.blogspot.com/



Jessica
http://schwanennest.blogspot.com/



thank you  for inspiring me, loving what I love, and many happy post's to you all!






 Colx


9 comments:

sharon said...

Well Colette thank you so much for choosing me to receive such a great award - I can't believe what fantastic company you put me in! Please keep up your wonderful posts and pictures at la Brocanteuse, you have so many wonderful things to share with us.
Thank you
Sharon
xx

classic • casual • home said...

Colette, you are truly deserving. Thanks for the lovely images above (where's the photos of the pups?). Going to visit the blogs above.
Mary Ann

Divine Theatre said...

I am so flattered! I really am humbled. Thank you! I started the blog to show my sister (who moved out of state) my new home and my attempts to make it pretty! I never imagined that other people might enjoy it.

Thank you so much!
Now, I need to figure out how to put your link on my page!

la Brocanteuse said...

Thank you girls!
Mary Ann, I shall add the pups..
Andrea: to add a link- the easiest is to "copy" the bloggers "url" at the top of the blog,(left hand corner) and paste where you want to add it on the page...
xo Col

Mona thompson said...

Colette,

Your such a dear, and I loved learning these things about you. Your Afghan hounds are gorgeous! I know that they are truly loved!

Trouvais said...

Thank you so much Colette...but I could just see what anyone could, that you are so VERY talented. It's been wonderful getting a glimpse into your very pretty world...and always I want MORE! I'm happy to wait my turn, though, behind your lovely little girl and husband, and your lucky friends in (the very south of)South Africa. XOXOXO Trish

Bohemian said...

Colette what a beautiful Blog and Home you have! I'm so glad to have discovered it through the favorites shared by other Bloggers... that is what I enjoy most about the Community in Blog Land... the connecting to so many like minded Spirits!

Dawn... The Bohemian

Schwanennest said...

Dear Colette, whow, I am overwhelmed with the feelings of honor and luck !!! Thank you so much !
Me, I adore YOUR wonderful, precious blog and vour beautiful home and I never imagined, that you might enjoy my blog...WHOW ! :-))))
A great award from South Africa to Munich, Germany - isn´t it a wonderful, small world in Blog Land ?!?!? :-). I can´t wait to share many more wonderful fotos and impressions with you !
Warmest blessings, Jessica

LA POUYETTE - und die "Dinge des Lebens" said...

Dear Colette,
THANK YOU !!! MERCI BEAUCOUP !!!
I feel so honored, can hardly believe to be awarded! What a great gift and compliment to a blog-world-newcomer!
What else can I say.......I'm thrilled!

Looking very much forward to Your next post!
Take care and many greetings from the Périgord
Amicalement - xxxkarin